In practice there are different description mediums and software tools needed to implement a RAMS analysis (Reliability, Availability, Maintabiltiy, Safety). But with the help of Petri net models all four aspects will be assessed on only one model. But often the modeling of real systems by using simple Petri nets becomes very complex. A clear modelling of complex hierarchical Petri net models on one sheet is usually impossible. But with the use of a structured approach you have an effective benefit from the advantages of this mode of description.
The goal is …
… to establish a computer-supported, clear Petri net modeling of real systems with the implemantation of acomplete RAMS analysis. Besides the graphical modeling a simulation and an analysis of the modeled system should be provided by further features.
π-Tool provides a streamlined interface for creating comprehensive system models based on Petri nets. It allows a visualized simulation (token game), an analysis of the model and the identification of deadlocks, which are included in the model. All common stochastic distributions can be assigned to the transitions. With the help of simulation and the determination of the switching rates of the individual transitions, all values of the RAMS aspects can read off easily. For this π-tool uses various analysis methods, state-based or stochastic ones, to consider the system sufficiently reliable.
- Marking game-animation of transition firing
- Highlighting of active transitions
- Enforcement firing of a desired transition
- Calculation of most probable firing sequence to any transition
- Calculation of values â€‹â€‹of all aspects of RAMS
- Characterization of transitions with all common stochastic distributions
- Software adaptable to customer
- 100 MB harddrive disk
- 1024×768 monitor resolution
- 1GB RAM
- 1GHz Processor